Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there!! My dad loves a good Linzer cookie. Recently I tried this recipe and it’s so good! So while I personally believe every day is Father’s Day here is a recipe for a cookie that is bound to show your father that you think he’s a star!
(*This recipe is vegan!!)
1 cup of flour
Large pinch of ground cinnamon
8 Tablespoons of unsalted margarine (I’m guessing you can substitute with butter if you wish)
1/2 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of finely ground almonds
1. Mix together flour and cinnamon
2. In a separate bowl cream margarine and sugar until fluffy.
3. Gradually add flour mixture and beat slowly until dough comes together in a ball. Add the ground almonds and beat until incorporated.
4. Refrigerate the dough for several hours until firm enough to roll out.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 f’
5. On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough until 1/4 in thick.
6. Cut cookies with a Linzer cookie cutter and then in half of them cut out the middle, here is the cookie cutter I used:
8. Let the cookies cool
Til next time~ xox wagtd